Get News & Updates Directly To Your Inbox
Delicious recipes, helpful cooking and nutrition tips. Find food preparation videos and "ask the dietitian!"
Find A Doctor Or Hospital In Your Network.
To increase gratitude, researchers suggest documenting the good stuff that happens to you each day...just thinking about it isn’t enough. You have to commit it those good feelings to paper.
As you get started, you might need some prompts to get you going. Here are a few to keep in mind:
1. Give it a title (e.g., “my colleague complimented my project”).
2. Detail it. Include what you did or said and, if others were involved, what they did or said.
3. How'd you feel? Include how this event made you feel then and now, in addition to just feeling grateful. “It felt so good to laugh! Even thinking about it now, it still makes me giggle.”
4. Explain what you think caused this event. Was it something you did? Can you replicate it?
5. Just let it flow. Do not worry about perfect grammar and spelling.
If you find yourself focusing on negative feelings, refocus your mind on the event and the positive feelings that came with it. This can take effort (doesn't everything that is helpful?) but gets easier with practice and can make a real difference in your attitude of gratitude!
Most recent update: 11/20/2017
A Division of Health Care Service Corporation, a Mutual Legal Reserve Company, an Independent Licensee of the Blue Cross and Blue Shield Association© Copyright 2020 Health Care Service Corporation. All Rights Reserved.
Telligent is an operating division of Verint Americas, Inc., an independent company that provides and hosts an online community platform for blogging and access to social media for Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Texas.
File is in portable document format (PDF). To view this file, you may need to install a PDF reader program. Most PDF readers are a free download. One option is Adobe® Reader® which has a built-in screen reader. Other Adobe accessibility tools and information can be downloaded at http://access.adobe.com.