Get News & Updates Directly To Your Inbox
Delicious recipes, helpful cooking and nutrition tips. Find food preparation videos and "ask the dietitian!"
Find A Doctor Or Hospital In Your Network.
Your survey answers help us better understand and address your health needs.
Participants must be enrolled in a Medicare Advantage plan or a Prescription Drug plan for at least six months. If you choose to take part in the survey, you’ll get a pre-notification letter. The survey will be mailed to you a week later. You may also receive a second survey if you don’t complete the first one.
The survey is conducted by the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) each year to gather information about your care. Members are selected at random to participate. Those chosen will receive a follow-up survey two years later.
The survey covers topics regarding many aspects of your physical and mental health, including:
1. Physical healthPhysical health isn’t limited to health conditions you may or may not have. It also looks at the ways you manage pain, how easily you can perform daily activities, and how well you’re able to move. Talk to your doctor about these topics, along with any others that affect your health. By doing so, you take an active role in improving your health.
2. Mental healthOften your emotional state can impact your physical health. It’s important to tell your doctor about any changes in your mood, energy level and sleeping patterns. They could be signs of a condition that needs attention. They should be discussed during every visit with your care provider — the same way you talk about your blood pressure.
3. Physical activityPhysical activity is a vital part of good health. It can help improve your mobility and balance, reduce your risk for falls and help control your blood sugar and blood pressure levels. Ask your doctor what types of activities are best for you given your health. Along with solo activities, you can also connect with community fitness groups like your local YMCA or Silver Sneakers.
4. Bladder controlAs we grow older, the loss of bladder control and urine leaks can become an issue. Today, there are so many good treatments, including minimally invasive and in-office options. Don’t be embarrassed, talk with your doctor. Share when you first noticed the problem, along with any changes in appearance or volume of your urine. Remember, you don’t have to live with leaks. Help is available.
5. Fall riskEvery 11 seconds, an older adult is treated in the ER for a fall.* When you get a fall risk assessment, you take a big step toward avoiding the ER. By taking a careful look around and making a few small changes, you can help ensure your home is a fall-free zone. To start:
There are other proactive ways you can reduce your risk for falls.
If you receive the mail-in survey, please complete it. We value what you have to say.
Originally published 4/23/2019; Revised 2021, 2023
Hi Strick, You can contact customer service at the number on your ID card and they can take a look at why you've received this bill. ~ Kayla
Had back surgery at Mem Herman MC in Houston in Feb., 2018. Today in May 2019 I received their statement for $1000 for coverage you disallowed under my Supplemental. I have no prior knowledge of this nor any info as to why you disallowed. Meanwhile I recall last year BCBSTX had over one billion USD’s in reserves. Otherwise Supplemental has been fine. In my 4 yrs of retirement, you have discontinued RX coverage on 50 pc of my drugs, both statins, which I have replaced via a doctor’s visit with pseudo genetics. A costly nuisance in time. All my doctor friends tell me they prefer dealing with United Healthcare the best. Hmmmm.
I am a BCBSFL retiree living in Texas. Florida Blue gives me a partial reimbursement of the cost of my Medicare supplement provided that I buy it from BCBSTX. I currently have Plan F. I recently priced the plan with another company and was shocked to find it more than $50 per month less from the other company (USAA). Considering the plan is exactly the same no matter who I buy it from, how do you justify your price?
Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Texas, a Division of Health Care Service Corporation, a Mutual Legal Reserve Company, an Independent Licensee of the Blue Cross and Blue Shield Association
© Copyright 2023 Health Care Service Corporation. All Rights Reserved.
Telligent is an operating division of Verint Americas, Inc., an independent company that provides and hosts an online community platform for blogging and access to social media for Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Texas.
File is in portable document format (PDF). To view this file, you may need to install a PDF reader program. Most PDF readers are a free download. One option is Adobe® Reader® which has a built-in screen reader. Other Adobe accessibility tools and information can be downloaded at https://access.adobe.com.
Powered by Telligent
Last Updated 10012018Y0096_WEB_TX_CONNECT19_C